We're nearly halfway through the year already! June is an awesome month, because it sees us through from spring to summer - bringing with it new plant blossoms, good weather, and plenty of smiles!
We've created some June writing prompts that will encourage your child to use their imagination and have lots of fun whilst writing!
- What is your favorite thing about the month of June? Why is it so special to you?
- Write a poem about summertime. Use the words sunshine and thunder in your poem.
- June 3rd is World Bicycle Day! Can you write instructions on how you'd teach someone how to ride a bike?
- Does summer feel different from other seasons? Write a persuasive essay about why or why not.
- Write a letter to a friend about a summer activity you'd like to do with them.
- June 5th is World Environment Day! What are 3 things you do to take care of our environment?
- When spring transitions into summer, flowers come into bloom! Write a poem about a flower that you like.
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?
- June 8th is World Oceans Day. In your opinion, what is the best thing about our oceans? Write an informative essay about an ocean of your choice.
- What's your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
- Would you rather spend time indoors or outdoors during the summertime? Why?
- On June 20th, we celebrate International Surfing Day! Have you tried surfing before?
- You plant a seedling. Write a short story about what happens next.
- Think of a magical creature that is half animal, half plant! What do they look like? Write an animal report about them.
- June 21st is World Giraffe Day (one of our favorite animals)! Can you write a set of instructions on how to take care of a giraffe?
- How is summer different from all the other seasons?
- Imagine a plant that could be any color and pattern. What would it look like?
We'd love to read what your child comes up with! You can share your child's wonderful creations with us using the hashtag #nzkwritingprompts on:
Looking for a fun and engaging way to keep your child's mind active this summer? Be sure to give Night Zookeeper's reading and writing program a go!
Make Reading & Writing Fantastically Fun
- ❤Personalized feedback on your child's work
- ❤Improves spelling, grammar and writing skills
- ❤Over 1,000 different learning games and activities