We have much to celebrate in the month of July, including some awesome international animal days, yummy holidays and friendship! And who doesn’t love a big party?!
Here are our favorite July-themed writing prompts, guaranteed to get your child ready for an amazing month:
- Knock Knock, July 1st is International Joke Day! What is your favorite joke to tell?
- If you had a magic object, what would it be and what would you do with it? What superpowers would it have?
- Choose five words to describe your last July. Why does each word fit your experience?
- Happy 4th of July! How do you celebrate this special day?
- What is your favorite treat to have in July? Write a persuasive essay explaining your point of view.
- If I had a waterpark in my backyard, it would be…
- July 7th is World Chocolate Day! If you could build anything entirely made of chocolate, what would it be? Why?
- Write a list of the best activities that you can do in July.
- Write about the best vacation you have ever had. In 2 paragraphs describe what you did, who was there, and where you were?
- Write a poem describing the last day of July.
- If I was a character in my favorite book, I would be…
- I am excited for the new school year to start because…
- If you could hang out with one character in Night Zookeeper who would it be? Why? What activities would you do?
- If I could visit another planet I would go to…
- Your house has a mysterious past, write about what happened there.
- Look Out! You are at the zoo and the elephants have got loose! What will you do?
- You have grown wings and can now fly. Write a story about where you will go, what will you see, who will you visit? Use ten adjectives to describe your adventure.
- July 29th is Global Tiger Day! Research and write down 3 interesting facts about tigers that you think everyone should know!
- July 30th is International Day of Friendship! Write about your favorite adventure with your friends.
We can’t wait to read all the wonderful stories created by your child! Be sure to share them with us using the hashtag #nzkwritingprompts on:
Keep your child's mind active this month with Night Zookeeper's reading and writing program!
Make Reading & Writing Fantastically Fun
- ❤Personalized feedback on your child's work
- ❤Improves spelling, grammar and writing skills
- ❤Over 1,000 different learning games and activities