We have much to celebrate in the month of July, including some awesome international animal days, yummy holidays, and friendship! And who doesn’t love a big party?!
Here are our favorite July-themed writing prompts, guaranteed to get your child ready for an amazing month:
- Knock Knock, July 1st is International Joke Day! What is your favorite joke to tell?
- If you had a magic object, what would it be and what would you do with it? What superpowers would it have?
- Choose five words to describe your last July. Why does each word fit your experience?
- Happy 4th of July! How do you celebrate this special day?
- What is your favorite treat to have in July? Write a persuasive essay explaining your point of view.
- If I had a waterpark in my backyard, it would be…
- July 7th is World Chocolate Day! If you could build anything entirely made of chocolate, what would it be? Why?
- Write a list of the best activities that you can do in July.
- Write about the best vacation you have ever had. In 2 paragraphs describe what you did, who was there, and where you were?
- Write a poem describing the last day of July.
- If I was a character in my favorite book, I would be…
- I am excited for the new school year to start because…
- If you could hang out with one character in Night Zookeeper who would it be? Why? What activities would you do?
- If I could visit another planet I would go to…
- Your house has a mysterious past, write about what happened there.
- Look Out! You are at the zoo and the elephants have got loose! What will you do?
- You have grown wings and can now fly. Write a story about where you will go, what will you see, and who will you visit. Use ten adjectives to describe your adventure.
- July 29th is Global Tiger Day! Research and write down 3 interesting facts about tigers that you think everyone should know!
- July 30th is International Day of Friendship! Write about your favorite adventure with your friends.
Keep the writing going:
We can’t wait to read all the wonderful stories created by your child! Our program provides a fantastically fun writing curriculum that will inspire your child to love writing.
Be sure to share your child's stories with us using the hashtag #nzkwritingprompts on:
Make Reading & Writing Fantastically Fun
- ❤Personalized feedback on your child's work
- ❤Improves spelling, grammar and writing skills
- ❤Over 1,000 different learning games and activities