Grade 6 Writing Prompts
25 exciting Grade 6 writing prompts
These Grade 6 writing prompts are the perfect way for your child to consolidate knowledge gathered on different styles of writing! Here are the categories covered in this page:
Character, Setting, Object
- A wizard, A school, and a golden key
- A scientist, a house on wheels, and a time machine
- An explorer, a dark jungle, and a magical hat
- A storm chaser, a small town, and a flying car
- A sports star, a stadium, and magic shoes
Metaphor story starters
- His eyes were ice and…
- There was a weight on her shoulder. She couldn’t…
- The room was a hot furnace. She had never felt…
- Hold on to your dreams because…
- Life is a rollercoaster, you have to…
- The Magical Eletiger
- Volcano Disaster
- The Cloud Explorer
- Mystery In The Night Zoo
- The New Student
- Discuss deforestation and the impact it has on the environment.
- Who is the most important historical figure and why do you think so?
- Are video games a positive or negative influence on people?
- Which morals do you think society should believe are most valuable?
- Which piece of technology do you think should not have been invented?
- What is your favorite website or app and why?
- Write a report about your favorite scientific fact.
- What book should everyone read and why?
- What would make the world a better place?
- What goals would you like to achieve in the next ten years?
How Night Zookeeper can help
Night Zookeeper makes writing fantastically fun for children aged six to twelve.
Our reading & writing program for kids has been created improve children's skills while keeping them engaged, focused and entertained! Nightzookeeper.com will transform your child's attitude towards writing with thousands of creative writing prompts, skills challenges, and interactive lessons available now!
Sign up today and get a 7-day FREE trial!
More writing prompts & activities