Grade 1 Writing Prompts
25 exciting Grade 1 writing prompts
Here are 25 writing prompts that are perfect for Grade 1 level!
These prompts are divided into clear sections, to ensure that your child works through all styles of text covered in Grade 1. These are:
- When I finish my school work, I will…
- This weekend, I am looking forward to…
- My favorite place I have ever visited is…
- My favorite person to be with is…
- On my birthday I want to…
- Write a sentence using the words: great, game, fun
- Write a sentence using the words: red, green, garden
- Write a sentence using the words: dog, cat, pet
- Write a sentence using the words: school, reading, writing
- Write a sentence using the words: flying, bird, sky
‘I think’ prompts
- Which game is the best?
- Why is reading important?
- What is the best type of food?
- Why should we eat fruit and vegetables?
- Where is the best place to go on holiday?
- Last weekend I…
- Write about a time that you went to the park.
- This summer, I will…
- I love my family because…
- Write about something fun you have done with your family.
- What would you do if you found a dog?
- Write about a time you were kind to someone.
- If you could have one wish, what would it be?
- What would you do if you could be invisible?
- What is your favorite music to listen to?
How Night Zookeeper can help
Night Zookeeper makes writing fantastically fun for children aged six to twelve!
Our reading & writing program for kids features an array of creative writing prompts, games, and interactive lessons, created to inspire children to write. We have designed our writing program to work in both home and school settings, so you’ll be covered whether you’re a parent, teacher, or homeschooler!
Sign up today to access our award-winning educational content and get a 7-day FREE trial!
More writing prompts & activities