Night Zookeeper activities in this area cover a range of core standards. Here are some examples of these learning objectives, which are completely customisable by you upon beginning to use the programme:
- I can check that the text makes sense as I read, and correct any mistakes.
- I can discuss the significance of the story title and events.
- I can explain my understanding of a text.
- I can find and explain any hidden meaning based on what is being said and done.
- I can learn new word meanings and build a broad vocabulary.
- I can identify themes and conventions in a wide range of books.
- I can recommend books I've read to my friends, giving reasons for my choices.
- I can use a dictionary to check the meaning of words I have read.
- I can recognise some different forms of poetry [for example, free verse, narrative poetry].
- I can understand what I read in books by explaining the meaning of words and phrases.