Engineering & Technology
Night Zookeeper activities in this area cover a range of core standards. Here are some examples of these learning objectives, which are completely customisable by you upon beginning to use the programme:
- I can design useful, practical and appealing products from design criteria.
- I can use different tools and materials for different tasks.
- I can evaluate products against specific design criteria.
- I can use drawing, templates, mock-ups and talking to develop and explain my ideas.
- I can use mechanisms (e.g. levers, sliders, wheels) in my products.
- I can research and develop design criteria for innovative, functional and appealing products.
- I can choose the best tools and materials when making a product.
- I consider the viewpoints of others to improve my work.
- I understand the importance of key events and individuals in the history of design and technology.
- I can use more complex features in my products, both mechanical (e.g. gears, pulleys) and electrical (e.g. buzzers, switches).